Introducing the 2020 recipients of the International Sponsorship Fund
Since its inception in 2012, the ABRSM International Sponsorship Fund (ISF) has been supporting musical journeys worldwide. ABRSM is committed to creating connections with music teachers and learners around the world as part of its mission to inspire musical achievement globally. This is a fundamental part of ABRSM’s day-to-day work, as an advocate for the power and value of music education.
The ISF focusses on music education projects and programmes whose activities touch on areas such as encouraging progression, providing opportunities where there are social or economic barriers to access, offering training for teachers, and providing inspiring experiences for learners.
We are delighted to announce this year’s ABRSM International Sponsorship Fund recipients:
- Access Music Project (South Africa), which provides equal access to a competitive music education for young people in Makhanda;
- Dhow Countries Music Academy (Tanzania), which will train women in traditional instruments from Zanzibar;
- Little Fingers Music Limited (Tanzania), which will provide training opportunities for those leading education programmes;
- MusicArt Society (Nepal), which delivers music education to children living in slum areas;
- Welfare Association UK, which will run music therapy sessions for refugees in Lebanon;
- Youth Orchestras of Namibia, which aims to form a high-standard national youth orchestra;
- Associação Musical Alegro (Brazil), which will provide one young musician with a scholarship to study for three weeks in England.
Find out more about ISF recipients past and present, on the International Sponsorship Fund page.