How to get ready
Register and create your new account
You can now register and create your new account.
- You’ll need to do this before you book exams, even if you have an existing ABRSM applicant number.
- To register you will need to create a username and a password.
- We will also ask you to update your marketing preferences at this point. If you would like to receive the latest marketing updates about our products and services, please opt in.
Find out more about creating your new account.
Make a note of key dates
- 28 September – 12 October 2020 – the booking period for Music Theory exams (Grades 1 to 5 online, Grades 6 to 8, paper based) on 10 November 2020.
Contact your local ABRSM representative if you want to request a Private Visit
- If you have had a visit before, your local ABRSM representative will contact you to ask you if you would like to have a visit during the next exam session.
- If you have not had a visit before, you will need to contact your local ABRSM representative to request a new Private Visit.
- All Private Visit venues must be approved before you can book exams. This can take up to eight working days.
Have your candidate information ready
To make your booking you will need the following candidate information. Some of this will be familiar, but there are some new things too.
- Candidate name, subject/instrument, grade/level and any access requirements.
- New: candidate date of birth – we need this so that we can identify candidates in our system. You will need to enter this information before you can complete your exam booking.
- New: candidate (parent/carer) email – this is optional. Providing an email address will allow candidates to set up their own ABRSM account. With an account, they can go online to view information about their exam, change a practical appointment and view their results and practical mark forms seven days after we release them to the applicant.
Check the browser and operating system on your computer or device
You will need to have a supported operating system and browser in order to use our exam booking service.
We’ve tested our exam booking service to work with the following browsers:
- Google Chrome version 74
- Microsoft Internet Explorer version 11
- Safari version 12.1.2
We’ve tested these browsers on the following operating systems:
- Windows 8, 8.1 and 10 +
- Android 7 and 8 +
- iOS 11 (or later)
- Mac OSX 12.4